Friday 22 January 2016

Chapter 22 - Another trip to the frog pond

Welcome back everyone!  Like has a way of keeping me busy, so busy that I haven't had the energy to do must knitting, let alone update you on the status of my knitting.  Without further ago, one would like to mention that I have completed two pairs of socks since my last post, but as they are in the wash, it would be better if mentioned in a future post when I may be able to include an image of them.

As for my works in progress, it would seem that I will have to visit the frog pond yet again in connection with my mother's cardigan.  This is my second attempt to knit my mother a cardigan using the Knit Picks Mighty Stitch in the pomegranate colourway.  I have not completed the first sleeve and I am already sick of it.  Nothing against the pattern, but one has realized that a simple pattern would be preferred.  The first attempt was the v-neck cardigan from the Knit Today magazine, while the second attempt is the delish cardigan from the Knit to Flatter by Amy Herzog.  With this project being a cardigan, I find that a simple fabric instead of cables or a textured stitch is much better for me as it gives my brain a chance to relax a bit more.  Haven't been able to decide on a new pattern as of yet, but hoping to have started the new pattern in the next couple of days.

Another work in progress would be the Ishneich by Lucy Hague.  For this project I am using the shears for you sock yarn in the blood orange and dark chocolate colourways.  I have enjoyed the first part of this shawl, it's the cabled border that is getting to me a bit, it's not mindless enough for my current state of mind.  But it needs to be completed as soon as possible either way.

Finally, some new yarn acquisitions.  Looking back now, I realize that a lot of yarn has been purchase by yours truly.  I was hoping to get this much yarn to make two to three baa-ble hats and a Rikke hat, but I ended up purchase quite a bit more than I had intended.  Before I knew it my basket was overflowing.

I purchase from the Knit Picks some Felici following colourways Rainbow, Mosaic, Baker Street, Candy Jar (which I have already use some of), Tea Party (even though I'm not a bit fan of pink, but I liked the way it looked on the skein, and I sure to make good use of it), Fanciful, Surf's Up, Nassau, Madrigal and Time Traveller.

The remaining yarns were purchased earlier today from Romni Wools in Toronto.  Some knitters/crocheters get a bit overwhelmed when shopping here but to one feels very comfortable, almost like a second home really.  Here, I purchased a set of fixed circular wooden needles to try out for when I travel to the UK later this year, don't want to risk having my needles confiscated at the airport.  I've selected the Knit Pros size US1.5 (2.50mm) with a forty-seven inch cable.  Once these needles have been used a bit, perhaps a review would be in order, we shall see.  I also purchased three skeins of West Yorkshire Spinners Signature 4 ply in the blue tit, pheasant and bullfinch colourways.  Each skein has 400 meter (437 yards) and is 75% wool and 25% nylon.  This yarn has been on my wish list for a while now, but due to the exchange rate it hasn't been worth ordering it online, so I was pleasantly surprised to find these yarns locally.  The whole purchase of this shopping trip was to get some cascade 220 to make two to three baa-ble hats and one or two rikke hats, therefore colourways, 9452, 8505, 9447, 9430 and 8555 were added to my stash.

What I had planned on getting.
What I ended up purchasing!




 Of course, I had to get some Manos Del Uruguay in the agave colourway, as can be seen below, is absolutely gorgeous and very soft.  Each hank has 425 meters(445 yards) and is 75% superwash merino wool and 25% polymide.  Could help myself and had to take a peek at the discounted yarn in the basement.  There I found some Cascade 220 Quatro in the 1935 colourway, some Online Supersocke 100 colourway number 1477 and Fortissima Socka in colourway number 54.  Don't you just love it when companies just give numbers instead of colourway names!


Alegria in Agave


Blue Tit
Pheasant
Bullfinch



This post is longer than originally planned, but perhaps next time it won't be as long, lets see, shall we?  So until next time, happy crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 22 - Another trip to the frog pond

Welcome back everyone!  Like has a way of keeping me busy, so busy that I haven't had the energy to do must knitting, let alone update y...