Tuesday 17 November 2015

Chapter 21

With the weather coming a bit cooler, all the handknit have the tendency to come out.  As they should be, you knit all year long, it's about time all the handknits were shown off.

Unfortunately, I don't have any finished object this time around as I am currently fighting a cold and also have gone for a quick holiday.  But I'm hoping that I will be able to finish my vanilla toe up socks really soon.  I'm using Desert Vista Dyeworks self-stripping yarn in the Emeralds, Sapphires and Prince colourway on US1.5 (2.50mm) needles.  My socks are being kept in my songbirds bag by The Tangled Skein Ca.

I haven't been able to make any headway on the V-neck cardigan, for some reason, no matter how much I knit, it won't get past 11 inches long.  But I will persevere, it will just take a really long time it would seem.  And the cardigan has been in my nevermore bag by Zig Zag Stitches.

The Yarn Snob podcast had a Halloween Swap where one was gifted by Debbie also known as Iwork4yarn with stitch markers shaped with jack-o-lanterns among other goodies, including yarn.  I was gifted  Tempting Ewe Yarns, ewe so sparkly sock base in The Great Pumpkin colourway.  It is a 75/20/5 superwash merino/nylon/sparkle blend, has 438 yards and weighs 100 grams.  Also received was a cake of Freia, fine handpainted in the Ember colourway.  This yarn is in a fingering weight and is a blend of 75% wool and 25% nylon.  I will keep these skeins for special projects, I don't think that I've found the right project for this yarn.

Also while away on a mini holiday, my family and I stopped off at a little yarn shop called Close Knit Quality Yarns in Stratford, Ontario.  I couldn't help it and got a couple of hank of Fleece Artist in the Trail Socks line in the Aurora and Nova Scotia colourways.  I'm thinking about making a shawl with these, but first I want to do another shawl.

There are so more goodies on route to my home, but haven't received them yet, some of which include Knit Picks Felici.  Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 22 - Another trip to the frog pond

Welcome back everyone!  Like has a way of keeping me busy, so busy that I haven't had the energy to do must knitting, let alone update y...