Wednesday 14 October 2015

Chapter 20

It's been a while, but life happens.  The Mary Margaret's Lace Tam by Mary Craver is now complete.  The needle size was US3 (3.25mm) in the Knitsch Scratching the Knitting Itch in the 1/4 acre dream and the yarn base is 100% merino wool.  

As for what I 'm working on at the moment, one has decided to knit a cardigan for my mother and hopefully gifted at Christmas.  My mother chose the v-neck pattern found in the Knit Today magazine (March 2015 edition).  The yarn used is Knit Picks The Mighty Stitch which is a 20% superwash wool and 80% acrylic in the pomegranate colourway.  The needles being used US7 (4.50mm) for the ribbing and US9 (5.50mm) for the body of the knit.  So far I am enjoying the knit, but just the back has 6 cables on it.  Wish me luck as it will be needed, if I'm to complete this project. I have not other works is progress at the moment, but I'm considering starting another project, but the cardigan needs to get further along before anything else gets started.  

Now as to the goodies that were purchased at the Kitchener/ Waterloo Fibre Festival.  From Unraveled I got two balls of Regia 6-ply (sock) in the 06974 and 06966 colourways.  This yarn is a 75% virgin wool and 25 % polymide and has 410 yards (375 meters). 

Regia 6-ply colourways 06974 and 06966 respectively.  
I couldn't help it, I had to make a stop at the Zig Zag Stitches and I found this pretty green wedge bag, perfect for the winter/Christmas season.  I had to have it.  I know, I know, I have too many knitting bags, but knitting bags are like pairs of shoes, you can't have just one.  

Zig Zag Stitches, Baby It's Cold Outside Wedge Bag
From All Strung Out I got two hanks of The Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze in the Flynn base and The Times colourway.  It is 100% superwash merino wool, 175 yards (160 meters), in a worsted weight.  I liked this yarn so much, it is so soft, that I can barely wait to start knit something up with it.  I will purchase this yarn again, this is for sure that is how much I liked it.  One would think that this is a very new colourway as the dye lot that I purchased was dye lot #2.  

The Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze, The Times colourway

And finally got from Dye Version a hank of BFL sock in a 80% superwash BFL and 20% nylon in the Merlin colourway and has 375 meters.  And everyone who purchased this yarn received a free pattern called the Zig Zag Cowl.  I always like to get free patterns and it used one hank/skein of fingering/sock yarn, perfect for those single skeins that most knitters tend to collect.


Dye Version in the Merlin colorway
I didn't get a chance to purchase from Wellington Fibres and Georgian Bay Fibre Company but I will be purchasing from them in the new year hopefully.  It would be great if one could order something sooner, but first, I live in a condo and have limited space and second, from now until the end of the year I will be spending a bit of money with Christmas and a family occasion and a quick vacation/break coming up soon.  I just simply can't afford it at the moment.  But the new year is only a few months away, so that isn't too bad.  

Until next time, happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 22 - Another trip to the frog pond

Welcome back everyone!  Like has a way of keeping me busy, so busy that I haven't had the energy to do must knitting, let alone update y...